Tuesday, March 07, 2006

My favorite Basebal Player

It is a sad day for me, Kirby Puckett, the one baseball player I always wanted to be like and admired not only as a player but as a leader died today after a stroke at age 45. I can remember using his trademark high kick while batting and every coach I had tried to rid me of it. Just about every kid back then thought that they would hit the ball farther if they used the kick.

He was best known for his World Series heroics, facing elimination in ame 6 against the Braves in 1991, he told the team to climb on his back because he will lead them to vistory. That night he had a great leaping catch at the wall to save an extra base hit and hit the game winning homer in the 11th inning to win the game. The Twins went on to win game 7 and the series. He was forced out of the game when glaucoma rendered him blind in one eye. Whenever I think of baseball, his name will always be the first to come into my head, along with the alltime greats.

No comments: