Sunday, March 26, 2006

Drive Back to Toluca the Morning After

I woke up about 9am and everybody was still passed out, I had no idea how to get back to Toluca and I didn't want to wake anybody up. So I decided to have the adventure of trying to find my way myself. I had a good map and a good idea of where I was but it was really difficult because there is not very many street signs. So I found a main road and startd to head in the direction that I needed to go (due to the trusty compass on my windshield). I would see a ray of light with a Toluca sign, but then the road would split and I didn't know whech way to go so I often missed those opportunities, that happened a couple of times.

I thought I was headed the right way when all of a sudden I found myself in a bus station with cops waving at me, I must have been somewhere I shouldn't have been. So I stopped to talk to them and told them I was lost and that I needed to go to Toluca. They gave me pretty good directions that got me to where I needed to go but I had to pay them! They were telling me that they were going to give me a ticket for something, I couldn't understand what they were saying what for, but they said I could go if I gave them $200 pesos. So I did, it sucked because Karin left me with only $700 pesos, and after tolls and beer I was running low, and $400 of that was for the maid! Needles to say, I don't have enough money to pay our maid on Wed, and there is only 1/4 of a tank of gas and I might have to pick up Karin in Mexico City at the airport on Wed as well, so the first thing I need is gas.

I finally made it home after about 3 and a half hours worth of driving, super dehydrated, hungover, and hurting. My lower back is killing me and I banged up my knee pretty good (falling on the hard ass pitch). So I took a shower and crashed on the coutch.

I was waiting for a call from Veronica to get her her dogs back, I felt kinda bad because they didn't get their meel last night but I left them more than usuall before I left, and I wasn't going to tell the guys that I had to go back after the game to feed some dogs. They were fine. She called about 8pm and I gathered up everything and droped them off to her, no more stinkin' dogs. But there is cotton all over the back yard because they attacked their bed... oh-well, I have a couple days to clean up, but for now I just want to be lazy, and they chewed the hel out of our nozzle for the hose. I have the feeling that I will just be laying on the couch all day tomarro as well. We'll see whats up.

No comments: