Friday, March 24, 2006

First Practice With the Wallabies

Not only was tonite my first pracitce it was also the first time I drove back and forth to Mexico City by myself. The other times I was either with karin or picking up/dropping off somebody at the airport. The directions were super easy and I didn't get lost or have to turn around at all. I got to take Karin's car because the practice starts late enough (9pm) to where I can use her car after she gets home from work.

The practice was at a French school, it was indoors in a gym. It was prety intense but cool. We basically were moving for two straight hours! It was tough and it sucked but after it felt well worth it. There were about 25 dudes there and everybody is wayyyyyy cool. It's a little wierd though because everybody greets everybody and likewise the goodbyies. Its not that bad but when you say "como estas" and shake hands to somebody you haven't meet yet, but it's wierd when they do it is like they know you well and don't really ask who you are. I do like however when you greet hot chicks because there is allways a kiss on the cheek involved. There is just something about touching faces with hot chicks that I don't know!

After practice I filled out the necessary paperwork to become registered with the Federacion Mexicana de Rugby and then a few of us went for a beer...... at CHILI'S! It was cool to be somewhere recognizable. There are a lot of those chain restraunts in Mexico City but not in Toluca. I tried to get the NCAA Tourny games on the tele but they weren't on here:( It was cool hangin with the guys even though it was for a short period, I only had one beer. One - I had a long drive back to Toluca and, Two - Usually if I have two or three I want like 20, so I like to chill out some times. We'll see whats up.

No comments: