Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Benito Juárez and V de Venganza

Today was a National Holiday for Mexico. It was the Birth day of Benito Juárez (seen left). He is remembered as being a progressive reformer dedicated to democracy and for the rights of the nations indigenous Indian population, resistance of the French occupation and his efforts to modernize the country. He is often regarded at Mexico greatest and most beloved leader.

So, karin had the day off. She planned on doing something cultural like visiting some museums or the zoo. Once we got up at about 10 am, we decided to go to the gym. Once we got home we took our time eating lunch, showering, and wandering around the abyss we call the Internet. By time we knew it, it was about 3pm and pondered on what to do.

We were both feeling kinda lazy, so I looked up some movies. We decided to see V for Vendetta at Cinepolis VIP (where they sirve you and they have huge leather recliners). Karin vows never to see another movie anywhere else, although we usually don't utilize the servers. Sometimes I'd rather do stuff myself rather than giving a tip (I'm not cheap, just economic)!

I really enjoyed it. There were two parts (I will try not to give them away) that I thought were the two most exciting sequences I have ever seen. It was a combination of the awesome sound and visuals of explosions but it also involved one of the most axillerating composition ever (in my opinion), the 1812 overture, the theater seats were trembling to add to the stimulation. Just the song itself puts a huge smile on my face as well as goose bumbs all over. It gives me a feeling of freedom, conquer, and triumph and makes me feel invincible, even if only for a moment I am on top of the world.

Now I am back to reality, into the calmness and peacfullness of sharing my days events, thoughts, and feelings to people important to me, and I also feel important to you because you take time out of your day to enjoy my tales. Until next time.

No comments: