Sunday, March 19, 2006

Before I Continue My Story.....I PLAYED RUGBY TODAY!!!!!!!

Yo jeugé me primera jeugo de rugby in Mexico!!!!!!!

I played with the Wallabies against the Univerity of Guanajuato. I even played the whole game! When asked about what position I played I said Hooker, but everywhere elso too. THe had like a million front rows and were low on backs....so I got to play outside center. It was sweet. We pretty much kicked their asses but in the second half they scored a try or two but we already had a huge lead. I SCORED A TRY!!!!!! We were on defence deep in our own territory (our try was right at the other teams back) and the ball was comming out to the backs, and I just did a little quick step and straight up stole it, took about 5 steeps and scored. You should have seen the guy's face as he was throwing it and I was right there, it was hilarious. On our first drive of the game I had a sweet assist to my winger for the first score. I did however ahve some small problems tackling, I get some bad habbits in my latter years at GVSU where..... well I kinda got weak, basically. This was no different. I missed a couple tackles, but it wasn't all my fault. THey were on a couple Argentinians who were really good, they were like 6'3'' 200lb's, but I broke a couple of their tackles tambien, so we were even.

At the end of the game I did not have to do a Zulu, but I did have to run through the "Gautlet." All the players were lined up with a tunnel inbetween them and I had to run through without a shirt and they slapped the hell out of me, it only hurts for a moment.....but then I had to run back through! It's cool though because I am all about that sort of stuff. We had a couple beers and took of because were had dinner plans with Karin's friend from work Veronica.

No comments: