Sunday, July 23, 2006

Weekend

Thursday after work I went out for a bite to eat and a beer of two with my friends Omar and Jamie. Omar works at reception at Wall Street and Jamie is a teacher. We checked out a little “food court” type thingie in el cantro de Metepec. They have an area with several food vendors in front of the church on the hill. It was good as hell. We ate a medio Kilo of Pastor (half of a kilo of good ass taco meat) and they didn’t sell beer so we walked across the street to the little store and brought a sixer to dinner. Then we checked out a place that was more like a bar and had a couple drinks and chatted.

I worked on Friday morning and thought of taking a couple pictures. The first one is of my daily bus ride and I took a couple of my school.














I had planned to go to a village with Jamie and some students Friday after work where they have this excellent chocolates made with wine and supposedly they can get you buzzed. But that plan fell through when we were waiting and it became too late to go there, another time. So Jamie and I along with some students Efrain and Ehrnan (who are brothers) went to Starbucks for a coffee and a chat. We spent most of the time teaching each other bad words in our respective languages and we discussed plans for the night.





We meet back up at 9pm to go out. There were about 10 of us. We started at a place in the center of Metepec where we shared a bottle of rum and got our dancing shoes ready for the salsa club. This salsa club that we went to was AWESOME! There was a live salsa band that played in a balcony and there was mirrors all over that made the already big place look bigger. We danced all night. I will put a short clip of the band up.








Then we all left and came back to my house where I proceeded to dabble on the tequila. And that was it for me. We hung out, cooked some chirizo then everybody crashed. It wasn’t that bad but Karin had went home earlier from the club so we woke her up and kept her up due to our after party until 6am. She got up early and took everybody home where I slept until about 3pm.

Norma, out service manager hooked us up with Movie tickets to see Pirated of the Caribbean at the VIP Theater. So a handful of us Wall Street employees went and got to relax in huge leather relining seats. I was still feeling under the weather so that was the end of the night. Just a night of white chocolate covered Oreos and the TV. I was back in bed my midnight. Here is a pic of the Theater.






Now I will be sitting on my couch all day, I might try and go see Superman at an IMAX Theater but the closest one is in Mexico City so I dunno.

We’ll see what’s up.

No comments: