Tuesday, July 04, 2006

I got the hook up, holla if you hear me!

Great, great news.

First of all, Karin and I will be heading to Acapulco this weekend for a rugby tournament. It is the annual Acapulco 7’s tourney. The Wallabies decided to get a team together and I will suit up with them. We got a great package deal with just about everything included; Bus, 5 star hotel, Dinner, Party, T-shirts, breakfast and tourney fees all rolled up in one. I am extremely excited. There will be a team there from McCallen, TX where a friend of mine used to play and I saw them play once in San Antonio on one of my spring break excursions where Myself, Inferno and Magnolia decided to drive to Mexico for the hell of it (with stops at New Orleans and South Padre Island, what a trip). I even by chance have Monday off to recuperate!


And secondly, I just bought my ticket to come home over Labor Day. I will be attending the 7th annual (I think) Brethren Days weekend with my college crew. I fly into Detroit on Saturday morning, and will head up-north right from the airport, with possible stops in Saginaw to see my family or wherever they will be for the weekend (if it is close or on the way). Then I get to act like an idiot college kid in a small hick town in the middle of the woods near Manistee, and then I fly back out at 5pm on Monday from the D.

Work is good, I covered for one of the teachers last night (I was there in the morning and came back) who called in. So I am getting in good graces and what not, something I like to do in the early stages of new employment, because then there will be a better chance of me getting things I want in the future! I didn’t really want to go all the way home and back so I decided to eat lunch in the food court, then I went to see Fast and Furious, Tokyo Drift. It was a sweet movie, I thought it was going to be corny but it was the oly movie that was showing at the right time (there was a French movie, it was in French with Spanish subtitles, so that was out of the question). Then I shopped around for a while and ended up blowing like 5 hours.

Then Karin and I went hardcore shopping at Wal-Mart. We bought a bunch of chazz but the coolest thing was a scooter that folds up so I can use it to get back and forth to the bus and through the mall parking lot. I used it this morning and it was cool. It’s a little small and a little flimsy and it took a little more work that I had thought but it cut my walk to the bus and through the mall parking lot in half. Karin thinks it is stupid but I think it is really cool! I’ll post a pic as soon as I can get a cool pic with me on it!

Be cool like me!

No comments: