Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Acapulco 7's

Sorry about the delay but we were out of Internet service for a while, contrary to the belief that I was in jail in Acapulco!

Fantabulous weekend, it was of the Acapulco 7’s tournament. Or bus left Mexico City just before 6am (scheduled for 5am, but we all know about Mexican time!). We had worried about reliable and non-kidnapping transportation to and from the bus stop, or if we were to decide to drive there where to keep our car but Karin solved that problem. She got a driver from her company to take up there and bring us back Sunday night. It was a little more expensive but a lot more reliable so it was worth it.

It was a new charter but that had huge reclining seats, TV’s, and what not. It was a nice smooth ride, it felt like we were floating. I got to take a little nap before we left Toluca for about an hour and a half because I had planned on sleeping on the cab and bus ride. The cab ride there I threw on Karin’s iPod and planed on fallig asleep to some classical music or something calming, but instead I ended up putting on some John Williams and getting all geeked up with the likes of Superman, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and was unable to sleep. Not only not sleep but also wide awake.

As the bus left they put on a DVD up the Rugby World Cup in 2003 (I think), which would have been cool if the announcers weren’t so boring, annoying, and FRENCH! I finally got tired and was truing to sleep but the damn French announcers sounded like little sonic knives repeatedly being jabbed in my ears. I didn’t get much sleep.

The tourney got started, we had a team of 8 people and ended up making it to the semi-finals. There were 8 teams and the competition was OK but not all that great, probably comparable to an open division at any qualifying 7’s tourney in the Midwest. I think we should have taken the whole thing without a problem. The team that won was pretty good they actually had a 7’s team. There was a lot of 7’s inexperience and forwards playing 15’s. One shitty thing was that we played on half of a field so there could be two games at once, oh-well a little less running! The weather was incredible, it was in the 90’s with 100% humidity and the sun was piercing. However I did manage not to get burnt, which I was excited about. No matter how much water I drank I was still dehydrated as hell, my kidneys even started to get sore.





After the tourney we had a chance to check into our hotel and relax around the pool for a while before dinner. Then we all showered and got ready for dinner, it was like an awards ceremony. There was an awesome buffet and an open bar. They had a raffle that they gave out a bunch of balls, jerseys, and watches, then they gave out the awards. I didn’t win anything . I started out with beers but I was getting a little tired so we got some tequila! Then I was sucking down some Cuba Libres (rum and coke) for the rest of the night.

Now it was time to head to the club at 1am. We loaded up the two busses and headed for the Palladium, except that they didn’t want all our sausage in their club so we went to the same place we had went to when we were here in February. There my buddy Nico and I talked to our waiter and told him that we wanted a constant flow of Cuba Libres, and we proceeded to throw them back. It was a sweet time, there weren’t very many chicks but it was cool being with a bunch of your buddies.





The rest of the night got a little fuzzy. We decided to hit up a famous strip joint in town. Well, when I say strip joint I am giving them a too much credit, more like a whore house. I will leave the details out due to one of my readers being my mother but if you want the details send me an e-mail and I’ll be happy to disclose them. That place was Ka-Razy. A couple of our crew had fallen/passed out and they let them chill. I thought for sure we were going to kick up out. We had a few problems leaving because they said that we hadn’t covered our bill, there was a big argument but we finally covered it, I ended up throwing 600 pesos at it just so we could leave, I was kinda pissed but I wanted out. I was quite surprised when we walked out because it was braud daylight! I felt like the dudes from Varsity Blues when they partied at the strip club all night before a big game and they didn’t come out until the next morning.

We jumped on the bus to get back to the hotel and went and chilled on the beach… with a beer! Nico and I decided to check out the ocean, but I was almost sucked in by an undertow. It was one of the scariest moments of my life. I truly thought I was going to drown. I got sucked in and I couldn’t catch anything with my feet. I finally did and got up, but man that was scary as hell! Nico had the same thing happen to him, but we shook it off and finished our beers.

Then we had breakfast and I wanted to crash. After I took a shower I totally crashed on the bed. But Karin came to wake me for a boat ride. I totally didn’t want to go but I did, and I’m glad because it was cool. We went out of the bay and up the coast to see some cliff divers. On the way back I grabbed another beer and just like that my buzz was back and we sang rugby songs the whole way back.





We ordered some food and watched Italy beat France (good, I am not a big fan of France, their football team or anything else for that matter). We had time for a nap and then it was time to pack and head out. We busted up at 5pm and were back to Mexico City at around midnight, but we had another trip back to Toluca. Once we got into the door I headed upstairs and crashed with my cloths on and didn’t wake up until after noon today.

It may take some time for me to post this because out internet has been out all day. But we’ll see what’s up.

More pics at Photobucket!

Be cool like me!

No comments: