Sunday, July 02, 2006

Keith vs. the Volcano

This morning we took a trip up to the volcano, you have to go early because clouds roll in and it rains in the afternoon. You can drive way up almost to the top and there are a couple small lakes up there too. The drive up was extremely adventurous. Karin was having a lot of problems with anxiety but I was luvin’ it. At we got to the last leg of road near the lakes it was very narrow with loose volcanic rock and steep slopes above and below. I will put up a couple pics but they don’t do it justice, you had to be there.







We got up to the lakes and walked around a little. The views were amazing. Here are a couple panoramas of the two lakes (1st is the moon and second one is the sun). The Sun Lake is the crater of the volcano.








As we rolled back into town we saw a Chinese restaurant and I got a craving, but it was closed. Then I got the great idea of going to the food court in the mall and get some orange chicken there. It was good as hell! We even have leftovers.

I wanted to go shopping because I got paid yesterday and felt like some new clothes and I wanted to look for one of those Raptor Scooters but Karin wanted to get back home because she forgot to leave money for our maid, but she was already gone by time we got back. Cool story about my paycheck. I got it on Saturday morning along with a couple other people that were working and we wanted to cash it, they sent the cleaning lady to the bank with about 4 checks to cash, it was cool and easy. I guess I’ll just save it up for plane tickets.

We’ll see what’s up.

No comments: