Friday, July 28, 2006

Bowling Class and Plants

Thursday night I had a Social Class that was “bowling.” We went bowling for two hours at a place in the mall. It’s like a pool hall/bowling alley thingie. They only had 4 lanes but it is a really cool place. Plus it was 2X1 beer night! Nothing like getting paid to bowl and drink some beers! It was Jamie and I with 7 other students. We could only put 8 people on a lane so Jamie and I took turns… We kicked everybody’s ass. We had 101 and everybody else had anywhere from 50-91. It was really fun. We chatted with each other and got to know everybody that much more. Here is a pic of the crew (from right to left; Rafael, Jose Carlos, Jamie, Arturo, Sylvester, Claudia, Me, Cesar, and Keimur).






I had the car because Karinski went to Mexico City for a meeting, so I gave Jamie and Claudia a ride home. Jamie lives really close to the mall so that was no problem but Claudia lives somewhat far away, not too far though. She lives close to our friend Veronica, and if I didn’t know how to get back from there I would have been in big trouble. She took me through some shortcuts and all these side streets and what not but I am good with directions so I got home awight.

Today I checked out my plants I have been growing. I have cucumber and cilantro. The cilantro I should have harvested a long time ago, now there is a really big thick stalk growing that is about 3 feet tall and the leaves are a reddish color, but it looks cool. Then I noticed that I am finally getting some cucumbers to grow! They aren’t very big and I don’t know how big they are going to get because they are somewhat confined, but I’m still excited! Here are a couple pics of them.


Cucumber plant






Cilantro




Be cool like me!

No comments: