Sunday, July 30, 2006

More Drama and the Weekend

More WSI (Wall Street Institute) drama! Well, for whatever reason we lost the contract to do the business classes that I was doing. Not sure if they are just stopping the classes or if they were unhappy and using somebody else. But as a result of that they (WSI) decided that they needed to let go one of the teachers. So they did. It’s crazy. They have gone through 5 people since I started there last month. Three teachers (two quit) and they fired two reception peeps. Oh-well, I just show up and teach some English!

I went out again with some friends of WSI, other teachers, a former receptionist, and students. We tried out another club. This place was too “fresa” as they say here (like high-maintenance, snooty and what not). There was a long line where a dude stood behind it and picked out people to go in with people yelling out his name trying really hard to get in. It was a really young crowd as well, some of the dudes going in couldn’t have been over 15. It was packed and expensive as hell, we paid something like $650 pesos for a bottle of cheap ass rum and they tacked on a “service fee” of like $150 pesos. It was crap, several others of us thought the same so we busted pretty quick. There was a lot of eye candy though, that was cool. I got a couple action pics of our crew, enjoy.


Jamie and Monsi (sp)



Me and the brothers Efrain and Ehrnan



What a cutie!



By the taco joint afterwards



I ended up getting pretty drunk which was totally against the plan because I had to work at 8am the next morn. So, I had my first day of work at WSI hung over. It sucked really bad. Its one thing to do a mundane manual labor job or one where you can work by yourself hung over but to try and teach is a different story. I don’t even know how I woke up. For some reason I woke up a little after I was supposed to without an alarm or anything. I woke up and realized that I might be late and was trippin out, but then I realized I still had time to make it on time. I was busy too. I really don’t want to do that again.

After work we hurried to a rugby tourney that was happening hosted by my club. We made it just in time to see that championship game and my club one. It was a 10’s tourney where it was 10 on 10 instead of the usual 15’s or 7’s for the summer. I was still hurtin’ pretty bad so we just left after the awards, got some good grub at a rib joint in the mall and went home.


Me taking a drink out of the championship trophy



Today, Sunday, we had a birthday party to go to for our friend Martha. She is the wife of Fernando. It was a dual party with another of their friends. It was sweet, ate some good ass barbacoa (sheep) and had a couple cocktails and what not. One of Fernando’s friends had another friend with him that was a single good lookin’ chic. Fernando was tryin’ to hook me up but I tried to tell him that I wasn’t interested and he took it as me being shy… well I am a little but if I do find a chica here I don’t want her to live in Mexico City which is an hour away. But we’ll see what’s up.

I am working the late shift all week so I may jump back into my late night TV watching mode because I won’t have to work until 4pm with the exception of my last early class at the company I have been doing where I have to give them back their exams which I haven’t graded yet. It’l be awight though.


Be cool like me!

No comments: