Saturday, July 15, 2006

Got the house and car to myself

Karin took off for the annual Diaz canoe trip last Wednesday and since then I have had the place and the car to myself. I love having the car becuase that means that I don't ever have to walk and take the bus where it takes forever to get to work. But I am getting spoiled, and I will have to go back to the normal walkin' in the rain on Tuesday (It rains every day and I am sick of it!).

After work on Friday I went home to shower. I was really late and didn't take one before work. I woke up at 7am and I was supposed to be there at 7. It only took me 20 min to get there so it wasn't that bad. Half the time my students are late so it's not a big deal.

After my shower I decided to finally go out and try to get a hair cut. It turned out to be really cool. I found a good place in el centro de Metepec where two old guys had a shop. I went in and waited for a free chair. I was really nervous and what not because I really didn't know how to tell him what I wanted, but I am usually not picky so it was all cool, my hands were shaking while I was reading magazines. I told him that I was going to be difficult because I didn't speak very much spanish and told him that I wanted it short on the sides and long on top. It worked out good. We chatted about where I was from and why I was there, it was good practice. I had to have him take a little more off the top a couple times but He did a good job. He was an old man about 70 years old or so and he wore a really cool guayabeda shirt (like my grandpa Aurelio used to wear all the time). The cut was only 60 pesos and I gave hime a 20 peso tip, that was the cheapest cut I got in a while. I think I will make it my regular place.

Then I stopped at Taco Jeans Co. for some food, it's a restraunt but they also sell designer cloths... why I don't know. It was pretty good but not all that. Karin and I have been meaning to go there to try it out but I probally wont pick it again. They had a TV in there and I thought I was going to get to watch some cool TV and what not but all they played was Luis Miguel videos. Just think of Kenny G but singing spanish love ballads. It was terrible. I felt gay just in the presence, but the guy is huge here. I guess I would sing those songs if it made me rich and famous.

Me and my buddy Omar from work went out in el centro de Metepec to hit up a couple bars. That place was happening. I didn't realize that there was that many bars and clubs down there. He lives within walking distance so that was cool. We went to a couple places but nothing too crazy because I had to work this morning at 8am. I was home by 12:30 and hit the sack. We just a good couple beers and got to see some eye candy. The ladies were out! But of course we didn't try to talk to any of them. I don't do it at home let alone here in spanish!

We are going to go out again tonite with Fernando to go play some pool and have some beers. We were going to head into Sante Fe (business and shopping center on the west side of Mexico City) to a bar that brews their own beer and have several types of beer on tap but we scratched that idea due to transportation and what not. We need to do more planning before we do it. Maybe next weekend we can go and also see Superman on the IMAX theater they have there.

Be cool like me!

No comments: