Monday, February 20, 2006

Teotihuacan


We went to see another set of ruins. This place was huge! The pyramid of the sun is the third largest pyramid in the world behind the one in Egypt and the largest one which is fairly close to here as well. There was several smaller sets and another fairly large one called the pyrmad of the moon. It was a tough trip because we got up really early to drive there (about 2 hours away) and I was a little dehydrated and extremely nausious, that feeling pretty much stayed with me all day and the sun didn't help much.

We meet up with Karin's friend Veronica for breakfast in Mexico City and headed off. It was really tough to climb up to the top but the views were worth it. It is very interestng to think about the people that lived here and how they lived their lives and how they worshiped different Gods (sun, moon, rain.....). After we ate at a small restraunt near by. I still didn't have an appetite so I just had water. There was a drink that I was suppoded to try but there was no way. It was called "la leche de vaca verde," Trandlation, milk of the green cow. It was an acoholic drink made from the agave plant (same plant as tequilla). But this was very different, if you thought tequilla was bad, ths stuff literely smelled like swamp ass. Instead of distilling the plant as they do to get tequilla, they ferment it. I took one whiff and about blew chunks all over the place. Usually I am game to try different things, but there was no way I was thryng that at that time, my body wouldn't allow it. Maybe some other time. I pretty much slept the whole way home and we stopped a OXXO (like 7-11) to get ice cream, which finally got the pukey tequilla hangover taste out of my mouth.

Tomarro we are off to Acapulco for four days! I don't know if we will have internet access, but if now I will still be able to make posts using the phone so either way I'll be checking in to make everybody jelous because I am chillin' on suny beaches where it is 90 degrees and most of you are still batteling the effects of the storms that just passed threw Michigan.

No comments: