Thursday, February 23, 2006

ACAPULCO!

The past four days were fantastic. A lot of sun, pools, food, beer, clubs, chicks (not that many, there was mostly old people getting their vacations in before the spring break crowd) but some. We didn't do a lot of the things that we wanted like sight seeing and shopping because the beach was super relaxing and we just spent all day there.

The first night we rolled in just about and sunset. It took us about 6 hours to get there but we had some problems making our way through Mexic City which set us back an hour or so. There was just about nothing between Mexico City and Acapuco, two small towns and a lot of mountains full of brown folliage and cacti, it was like when they portray Mexico in the movies with blue skies, dust, no sign of life, cacti, more dust, hills and mountains, and more dust.

Right after we checked in we went out for a simple dinner at a small authentic restraunt. It was awesome. The tacos were great, beer was good, and some light street entertainment in the form of a one man band.

Then we went out to a bar called BarrbaRoja (red bierd). It was a cool pirate themed bar on the beach. It was muggy and the air was thick but it was cool. It was mostly an older crowd all week, but there was a group of about 5 hot mom's that were fun to watch.
The next morning it was off to the beach. The hotel had a great spot for its patrons where it was roped off from the rest of he beach so you didn't get bothered by local merchans selling anything you could imagine. We just relaxed under the sun, under the umbrella, or in the pool to cool off. There was plenty of good spot but not very many umbrellas to go around, so if you wanted to be sure that you got one you had to go down there really early in the morn to put some stuff in a spot to reserve it. We had a waiter that kept our thirst in check, but at an expence. For the second day we decided to buy a cooler and bring our own beer which was easier and cheaper. We didn't go out the second night, mostly because Karin came down with something fierce, plus we were beat from the sun, drinking, and we also rented jet ski's for a half hour which tool a lot of energy out so I was glad to have a chill night. I took a nap from 5 'till like midnight then went back to bed around 4am just watching the tube.

The next day was much like the first, got out early to get the spot, we went out to get the beer and snacks and set up camp. We dug a hole in the sand for the cooler to kep it cooler. The beer was tasting great and they were rapidly disapearing. We went to Hooters for lunch, then right back out to the beach. We hung out for the sunset and relaxed, took naps, and got ready to go to the club.

We bought our tickets for the club in advance for the day before but we didn't go out so we were going to use them this night. But the club for whatever reason was closed so we ended going to the one next to it and it was cool. We got there very early to ensure a table, and we were like the first there. We were all a little hit from the day in the sun and it took me a while to get back over the hump, but I finally did and started to throw them back yet again. There was a stiff cover at the door but once inside there was an open bar, so for me it was worth it, Karin and Pat never really got back into it. By the end of that day with the beach and the club I had drank a whole case, 24 beers! The Club was cool, it was called Mandara or something like that. It ended up getting pretty busy with a younger spring break like croud, but it wasn't that crazy. They had a huge window overlooking the bay with tons of decorations, lights, go-go dancers dancing on plaforms, and a fire show with a guy and a girl twirling fire. It was fun, but I could see that it could get pretty crazy with a group of my rugby buddies with the open bar and all, maybe some day. Every time I go to a club without my dancing buddies (GSVU Rugby girls) I always miss them because I look like a pimp dancing with a bunch of hot chicks.

Once we got back I really wasn't ready for bed and I decided that I wanted to chill on the beach ad have a couple more brews. Once I got down there there was a couple groups of security guards by the bar and when I tried to sneak around through the public part I saw a couple real cops partolling, I felt as if I was in a James Bond video game because it was dark and I was being sneaky, seeing guards walking around between me and my mission. I felt like getting out my sniper rifle and picking them off one by one and completing my mission of chillin' on the beach at 3 in the morn. I decided just to go back up to the room and go to bed.

Then we got a couple hours at the beach today before we headed back to Toluca at about 1pm. We made it back in about 5 hours because we didn't have very many problems in Mexico City. Once we got back we went out for a nice dinner and a Argentinian steak house, it was fantastic. We had wine and several courses, we were going to get desert but we were stufed and reasy to lay on the coutch so we busted up. I can't wait to hit up the leftovers.

We have another big weekend ahead of us, Karin's old roomate Eunice is comming into town tomarro. Be back with more adventures. Later

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's me...your dancing partner!!! :)

Kate