Sunday, February 05, 2006

Jugaba basketból en este mañana

This morning I got to play some b-ball. It was with a guy Karin works with (he runs like 12 plants), he invited me to come and play. I wasn't sure what I was in for but I was eager to play and see the competition. I am somewhat of a decent ball player and I wondered that if it wasn't that big here that they probally sucked really bad. But they were alright. There was a couple guys who could play but I think that they were all in good shape had a lot to do with it. It was a league that plays at an outdoor court so it was like a regular game with refs and scorekeepers. I thought that they just got a couple guys together to play.

I didn't paly very much because I was the new guy but I got about a quarter and a half. It was fun, I was at about the same level as the competition which was cool. It was tough running and sprinting, there is like 50%less O2 in the air, I was tired as hell after a few min. It felt like there was a bowling ball laying on my chest, and I haven't stopped coughing since. We lost the game, the other team was better. I meet some new cool dudes that were very accepting of my showing up and wanting to play with them, and also not speaking very much spanish. A couple study english and were helping me with what to do as far as position and what not. I am going to play next sunday as well.

No comments: