Thursday, February 09, 2006

More than I expected!

I had another meeting with Kate from the Wall Street Institute (English School). She told me what the deal was with the contract with the airline and that she wants me to have a bigger role than just teaching and testing. She would like me to be responsible for a big part of the reports for Wall Street and reports for the airline. She mentioned that this was going to be a bigger contract than anticipated and she will need a lot of help, and she doesn't want to take a lot of people off the classes and what not at the main center. Instead of just pilots and flight attendants, there will also be mechanics, hosteses, and office workers.

It sems like I will get a lot of hours. I am still not sure about pay, however, she did say that some of the people at the center may be displeased that I will be brought on the take care of a lot of the airline work because it pays better than the center work, but again, she neds her regular teachers to keep up business as usual at the main center.

I must have given her a good impresion because she seemed very confident about me taking on more responsibility, I also think that my availiability had a lot to do with it. I think she was also impressed that I have ben playing rugby for some time (she is from Whales, and she loves rugby!)

I go in for more trainig on monday, I will be going over the material, the different level specifics, and sitting in on some classes. I am very excited not only for a job, but if I do well, it could be something that I could do for a long time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! This is great news! I am very happy for you!

Anonymous said...

That is cool man. Hopefully everything goes well. Will this shorten your trip back to the US?
Either way this could be something really cool!
Good Luck! Amish