Friday, January 13, 2006

Trip Back To Mexico

We finally left Chicago on Thursday morning. In all it took us 33 driving hours to get back to Toluca. The first leg we drove all he way to Denison, TX right inside the TX/OK border and stayed in a hotel for the night. Nothing exciting exept for that I bought the Chicago Sun Times right as we were leaving for a little light reading. When I got to the comics there was a number puzzle there, called a Sudoku. I have never seen or tried one before, so, since I had a lot of time on my hands, I tried it. I would try to explain it but its a little lenghthy so if you are curious you can look it up. It took me untill the next morning while driving through Dallas untill I finished it. I've been addicted ever since. My sister bought me a book of them in San Antonio and I haven't put it down yet. I have done 62 of 99 puzzles, basically all I do all day is watch TV and do Sodolu's.

Any who, our next stop was our Cousin Connie's house in San Antonio. We were not there for very long because we still had some driving time infront of us and decided to keep going to decrease out driving time the next day. But we did go to a sweet Chinese buffet and I ate myself stupid. We continued to Lorado at the border and stayed the night.

The next morning was time to cross the border. Karin had to get insurance and we were off. It was simple, we never got stopped or anything, they have checkpoints but when you pull through one you either get a green light or a red one. A green light means continue, a red light means you have to pull over and ger searched. We did have to stop and get a permit for the car. We got it fine and dandy but when we were leaving we got in the wrong line...we got in line to cancell the permitt and before we noticed it was too late it was cancelled, so we had to go through the process again whick took about another 45 min. After that no problems.

I had a lot of fum driving in Mexico because it was all toll roads and there was nothing as far as the eye can see. I just found a couple buddies to follow and just crused. I got to go very fast, Karin didnt even realize how fast I was going untill we switched and she askd how fast I was going...I says to her I says, a hundo. It was the fastest and the longest I have ever driven but it felt so natural.

We made it home safe and sound on Saturday night.

No comments: