Monday, January 23, 2006

I Guess I Really Wanted Pittsburg

Well, I would have been in a lot of trouble and in a pool of depression for picking two loosers today, but I accidently picked the Steelers instead of the Broncos. I was at the counter and for whatever reason I said the number for Pittsburg and before I realized it, it was too late. I was mad at first but then I started to convince myself that Pittsburg was going to win, then once they started to dominate I was relieved and geeked that I was going to win. Then I actually pondered that I have an unconsious ability to tell the future. I was going to make a fortune.

Due to my keen instinctive betting techniques (my brains' unconsious act of making me pick the Steelers) and my thoughts of seeing the future, I was extremely confident that the Panthers were going to keep my win streak. I even bet the money I was going to use for food! Then my heightned feeling of happiness took a plummet when the Panthers started to get whooped on...........AND I WAS HUNGRY. That's a double whammy! (for those who knew the late Mitch Hedberg)

I had to leave for the airport to pick Karin up during the third quarter. I wasn't very optmistic at that point. I did, however, find a US news radio station on AM that came out of Huston and they gave updates. When the Panthers were down 34-7 I quit checking in and took the loss. My rollercoaster ride of emotions ended in a sea of tranquility.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chalupo,
Hope all is going well. I picked the same orginal teams as you did. Now I will side with the Steelers...still waiting for those Lions to come around! We started indoor practice last week and we already had 10 new guys show up. It should be a good spring time. By the way, April 29th - Old Boys!

This weekend I'll have three shots of jager. One for me, one for you, and one just for good measure!