Saturday, January 21, 2006

Friday Night

Our Valle Bravo plans fell through because Fernando's grandmother was in Mexico City with his cousin. So we will have to take her her matress another time. Instead he took me to a pool hall with some of his co-workers. It was a cool place, it had about 16 full size tables that looked like they were well kept, neon lights, TV's, and a bar. After somebody got off a table a guy came over and wiped down the rails and vacumed the surface. There was a table along the edge by the bathrooms with three chicks. They were smokin hot and looked like they were pretty hard core pool sharks because they had their own sticks and they even had florescent colored gloves, very intimidating. Anyway, we bet on a game that the losers would have to go over and talk to them, Fernando and I won. After deliberating for some time, the other guys didn't want to go over and we didn't make them.

We left at about 1 am, dropped off his buddies and we went to a bar in Metepec by the mall. I think it was called "La Cantina." I was a small place and it was packed. There was a bar along one wall with several different kinds of liquor...but no jager! They never even heard of it. I didn't really expect them to have it because I've only seen it at one place, a grocery store called Superama. I haven't met anybody here that has even heard of it. There was also a big TV playing music videos on a wall with a small dance floor infront of it. I convinced Fernando to do a shot (caballito, lit. small horse) of the all American Jack Daniels. Whisky is his liquor of choice but before we took it he told me that he has never had it straight. Another thing is they dont really do shots here, when they get liquor drecho (straight) they just sip it. But we took them down, it took Fernando two tries but he did it. We sat and talked for a while, admiring the view, and before we knew it it was 3am (There is not really a certain time when the bars close). He took me home I grabbed a beer and decided to make some drunk calls. I was tring to get a hold of my buddies who were in Roscommon, MI for the annual Tip up Town trip that we do every year (my buddy Inferno is from there and his parents host us for the weekend, hey have a house in the woods with a big screen TV, a pool table, a ping pong/beer pong table, a hot tub, and snow machines). This is the first year that I have missed since we started going 5 years ago. I finally got a hold of one of them, they were still up plaing cards. It was cool catching up.

Needles to say I woke up with a hangover, nothing new there. So today I will be sitting infront of the TV all day watching the first season of the Sopranos, basking in dehydration, headaches, and nausea. However I did manage to throw down a couple greasy hambergers to settle my stomach.

No comments: