Friday, September 08, 2006

Finally, Last Weekend in Michigan

Sorry for the delay but I caught a cold the last couple days and had no motivation to do anything really, let alone blog. I feel somewhat better today but I think that is just because I don’t have to work today and there is a birthday party to go to at 3:00pm.

Last weekend was my trip home. I left my pad in Toluca at 8am on Friday morning to catch the 9am bus to the airport in Mexico City. I left there at 1pm and didn’t leave the airport in Detroit until 10pm, and still had 2 hours to get to the final destination.

Ahhhhhh, but it was worth it. For the rest of the time until Sunday afternoon I was drunk. We had a lot of fun doing all sorts of drunk things; flippy cup, beer pong, skinny dippin’, singin’, dancin’, and fire jumping. The ladder I had an accident and burnt my thigh a little (not bad at all), twisted my ankle, and busted up my hand. Saturday night was the best. We had been drinking since the moment we got up waiting for the rest of the crew to come. There were only about 7 of us the first night, mostly everybody planned on coming for Saturday night. Saturday night was the 80’s Prom night. Mostly everybody was dressed in 80’s gear and we had 80’s tunes playing all night. It was basically a big drunk fest. Much like we used to do 5 years ago in our prime. It was a great crowd of about 25 people and everybody knew everybody. You can se all the pics at my photobucket under The Pond Labor Day Weekend. There are some crazy stupid ones and don’t be surprised to see a few without cloths!

I left on Sunday afternoon to go visit my parents that were camping at Sleepers State Park near Caseville in the thumb. There were still some people who were staying at the pond for another night. My body hurt and there was no way I could have handled it again. So Heidi (my taxi the whole weekend) headed out. Originally our plan was to stay the night there but I decided to head home that night to have an easy trip to the airport the next morning. But not after lunch, dinner, and hanging around the campfire.

It was an easy trip the next afternoon to the airport, I didn’t leave till 5 so we had some time. We ate lunch at Tony’s and got some HUGE sandwiches, like they always have. Got to the airport with a lot of time and headed out.

I had a short layover in Dallas, where my brother was spending the weekend, and I thought I might be able to catch him at the airport, but the problem was I didn’t know anything about his flight. When I got there I rushed to the TV’s where they have all the flight info and I saw that there was a plane to leave to Grand Rapids soon. I got there just before they were boarding… but no Kyle. Then I went to check out a couple flights to Chicago… but no Kyle. I thought for sure I could have hooked up with him even to say hi, but I didn’t. I got a little discouraged for a moment but then I just put some Sublime (our favorite band) on the ol’ iPOD and everything was cool.

I got back to Mexico City at about 11pm, too late to catch a bus so Karinski came to pick me up, and I got back to Toluca at about 12:30.

Since then just working and being sick.
We’ll see what’s up.

1 comment:

Karin said...

You know - you're probably sick from trying to act like you are 18 years old all weekend :o)

Hope you feel better soon so you don't give me germs.