Sunday, June 18, 2006

Shitty Horse Ride and Ixtapan de la Sal

I had to go to work Saturday morning for a talent show that was put on where the students and some of the teachers showcased their talents. There was dancing, singing, showing photographs, making food (deserts and appetizers), and one person showed how to make a White Russian. I did not have anything prepared to do so I was a judge. I though of playing one of my saxes but I didn’t have any good reeds to use and I also thought of finding a good story to do an interpretive reading, but I just didn’t. The girl who won did a dance to one of Madonna’s new songs, it was pretty good. She is a dance student at a studio so it was somewhat professionally done.

As I was at work Karin took Pat and Heidi to Cosmo Vitrales. It is a Botanical Garden in a building surrounded in stained glass windows. They picked me up and we went home to watch USA play against Italy in world cup action. It ended in a tie but the US got a goal taken away so they should have won. Italy is a good team too! I actually get excited about watching football (I call it football now instead of soccer) games on T.V. It’s exciting to me now, which I think is cool. I always thought that it was the most boring sport ever.

After chillin’ for a while we decided to try and hit up a place where you can ride horses. I knew of a couple places off the beaten path so we drove down there. It was really nice all day and at that point we pulled in the ranch, but as we left a big black cloud came rolling over the mountain. So as we were entering the forest it started to thunder and lightning, and then came the cold ass rain and not to far after that was HAIL. It sucked hard core. There were two spells of it too! After the first one came and went we thought we were in the clear, but then it came again… worse! We didn’t like it and the horses felt the same way. They kept trying to turn away and chill, but we made then go on. The ride back was cold and wet. It really sucked ass and was not a good experience but a good story none the less.

We finally got home after fogging up the windshield and blasting the heat and Karin made lasagna for dinner. I ate a big piece even though I wasn’t even hungry which made me really tired. Heidi and I were going to try and hit up a bar but I got crabby and wanted to sleep early, but I couldn’t fall asleep, just couldn’t get comfortable. I just laid around until I did.

We woke up early Sunday morning for a trip to Ixtapan de la sal. It is a city about an hour south of here and is home to a big water park build on hot springs. It was a fun day, we got some sun, ate some good food, and got to go on several kinds of water slides and lazy rivers. The pools that they had looked gross due to the color and the smell of the water. but they felt nice as hell to chill in. They were heavy in minerals, especially calcium so there was a brown covering of calcium all over anything that was touching the water (the sides and rails and what not). The water for the slides, lazy rivers, ad wave pools must have been treated because it looked normal. Then we left for the stormy drive home.

We’ll see what’s up.

No comments: