Sunday, June 25, 2006

Mexico loosing and Valle De Bravo

Great weekend!

Friday was a chill night.

Saturday we were having Fernando and his family over to watch the World Cup game between Mexico and Argentina. As we were preparing for our guest I got a call from Ofo, one of me teammates with the Wallabies. He was driving through Toluca to Valle De Bravo and wanted to see what we were up to. I invited him to our place to watch the game as well. It was fun. We had smiley face fries, chicken nuggets, and I grilled some Arranchera (marinated steak) on the grill. Good thing Ofo was there because I was having a hard time getting the grill started. They use a different kind of charcoal here. They call it Carbon and it is basically wood that has been burned before. It is really hard to get going but Ofo showed me some good tricks. By the time the Arranchera was done, nobody was hungry anymore because Mexico had just lost.

It was a fantastic game. Argentina scored the winning goal in incredible fashion in the first overtime. It was an amazing goal and there wasn’t much Mexico could do. They lost 2-1. Mexico was an underdog but there was a lot of hope and they put up a good fight. A lot of people picked Argentina to win it all.

Ofo asked Karin and I if we wanted to go to Valle De Bravo with him for the night. I took up the offer but Karin had previous plans with her friend Veronica and some other chickies. Valle de Bravo is a resort place. It is a lake (dammed up river) up in the mountains with incredible views, cabaƱas, waterfalls, forests, and fancy hotels.

We booze cruised with a sixer on the way down. The road is extremely curvy and you often find yourself behind a truck or something and you have to go really slow. But without obstructing traffic, you go really fast and whip around the curves. It’s a little scary at first but exhilarating once you get used to it.

We got to his apartment and it was one of the most coziest places I’ve ever seen. It was decorated in rustic Hispanic everything. The walls were all sorts of bright colors, and wood and tile covering everything. It was big, it had 4 rooms, 3 full bathrooms, kitchen, dinning room, living room, and an open patio that overlooked a waterfall and had orchids surrounding the railings. I wish I had a camera but Karin wanted to use it so I was out of luck… well your out of luck because you don’t get to see what I saw. Next time we go I will for surely bring the camera to show you the wonderfulness. I did manage to find a pic online to try and show this magnificent place.











We chilled, listened to some tunes, and had a couple beers. We were drinking Tecate, which I do not like at all. It always gives me a headache and makes me feel like shit, all on top of tasting like butthole. But I tried to suck it up. We showered and headed to a bar in town. It looks like a it would be a happenin’ place but it is still early in the year and there wasn’t that many people there, it was a little early as well. I was fighting a headache and what better to try and resolve it but with a double shot of jager! That didn’t set to well. Then we took another shot, why? I haven’t the slightest idea. It was called Muerte Cerebro, Brain Death. I was not feeling good at all. I stated that we bust up so we did after Ofo paid the bill. As we were walking out I felt it. I puked… but I held it like a champ, cheeks puffed, hand over the mouth and all, until we got out of the building and until I crossed the street to get behind a truck. I could not remember the last time I puked the night of drinking. It is always the morning after. But I had no choice, I just let her go. Them I looked up and saw a police, he just shook his head and headed the other way. We went back to the apartment and I crashed.

The sleep was amazing. It was just the right temperature and the serine sound of the waterfall just outside my window was heaven.

We woke up the next morning and I started breakfast, eggs and sausage with tortillas. As I was cooking, Ofo’s dad came in. I was a little shocked at first just thinking what he was thinking, who is this dude in my place. He introduced himself as did I, Ofo was sleeping. I was speaking my broken Spanish then I realized that he spoke English, but I still tried to speak Spanish because sometimes I like to.

We got ready to head to the lake. We went to their country club and had a couple beers while they were getting a little sail boat ready for us. We couldn’t use Ofo’s because the lake is like 5 meters lower that it is usually so they couldn’t put it in the water so they let us use a loaner. We sailed for about an hour and a half or so. It was sweet. The water was somewhat warm, the sun was out, the wind blowing, and the scenery was incredible. I really wish I had a camera.

We returned to the dock and had another beer while watching a futbol game on the tele, then we busted up to one of Ofo’s favorite restaurant for lunch. I got a torta and Ofo got a whole artichoke! It was wicked huge, I tasted it but I am not a fan. Then we went back to pack up and busted back for Toluca.

The return trip was kewl with the winding roads, the scenery, and I busted out some Mitch Hedberg as well. All was well until my ass was going to explode. At first I tried to hold it…

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WARNING, MAY GET A LITTLE GRAPHIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

… but I couldn’t anymore, my sphincter was having a seizure! I never had to go this bad EVER. We found a little turn off and I jumped out of the car, headed up a little trail, threw my pants off and… use your imagination, I won’t get into anymore detail. Good think Ofo had a box of Kleenex in the back seat of I would have come back with one less T-shirt. It could quite possible be the nastiest thing I have ever done. To make it worse there was trash thrown all over the place and the minute my bouncers couldn’t work the doors anymore the insect population swarmed…

I was extremely relieved and we finally got back to my crib, took a long shower to get the filth off and now it is time to chill.

I was also invited to their place in Mazatlan! They have property there too, ocean side! We are definitely going to hit that up this summer! Its good to have frinds with property in tropical places!

We’ll see what’s up.

No comments: