Saturday, June 03, 2006

Interview and Birthday Party

I had another interview at the Wall Street Institute yesterday and it wet well. I meet with Kate (the person who I have been communicating with) and also Walt who is the head hancho there. He had many concerns at first, like my commitment level, if I was just looking to stay busy, that I have no prior experience, and that I have no English language background beyond speaking (grammar wise and such), which are all understandable.

Throughout the interview I totally flipped him sighting several examples, assuring that I am committed, that I view this as a great opportunity, and truly will take pride in my work. I think I impressed him a little. He asked if I can sign a contract for a year, I totally would but I am not sure how long I will be here ( I also stated that if I have something going for me here I have no problems staying). I said that I have to talk to my sister, and he said that he would like to meet her. So we will go in next week sometime to talk more about dates and what not.

Kate is really all about bringing me onboard, she mentioned one thing that she wants me to do is do a summer program for children. I would be extremely interested in that and I let her know how excited I was about it. I love working with kids!

We’ll see what’s up this week.

Last night Karinski and I went to Mexico City for Veronica’s birthday party, she works with Karin. It was sweet! There was a lot of tequila, beer, mariachis, and dancing! I have several pics at photobucket and a couple movie clips (not too good due to lack of light. We had planned on staying the night there but we ended up driving back (2 hr. trip). Karin has this thing about staying at peoples houses, ever since she was a kid. I ended up getting nice and drunk and I was dancing all night. Karin and I were jamming the whole way home to my party tunes on her ipod, it was cool. Here is a pic of the Mariachis, I love me some Mariachis!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



I’ve been lying around all day feeling pretty shitty. Tequila does that to me, I don’t know why I keep hittin’ it up. I tried somewhat to keep it cool but I ended up doing a couple shots of it at one point and that was a bad idea. I did my typical hung over shower pukes and what not. I fell normal now, finally at 11pm. The whole day I thought it was Sunday and just realized that it was only Saturday. We were supposed to go to my rugby game to day but I felt too shitty and it was rainy. They won though against the Rhinos of Guadalajara 57-7. Hopefully I can make a training this week, however I need to buy a new pair of cleats because I left one at my brothers house…

We got a couple cool things planed for tomorrow with some friends. I think another trip to Mexico City is planned, but I don’t know. I’ll find out then.

Be cool like me!

No comments: