Friday, June 09, 2006

Jay-Ooo-Bee, whut you got on dis!

I got a J.O.B.! One of the teachers at the school I was trying to get into had left abruptly over the weekend. The powers that be went to Guadalajara (several English training schools) to interview some candidates. There not happy with any of them. The called me in for today to see if I was interested in taking over the persons class who left, and I confidently said yes.

I will be training for two weeks and then take over the class for a local business here in Toluca. I can’t remember the name but they are involved in food coloring and several other types of coloring. It will be three days a week for an hour, from 7:30-8:30am. It may be tough getting up that early but I will adjust. The lady who brought me on is taking care of the classes until she leaves for a vacation back home in England, so I will shadow her for the two weeks as well as other types of classes and the computer programs that the students use. Hopefully they will see that although not qualified, I am capable and will do well. Then it will give me more opportunities down the road.

I finally went to Rugby training tonight in Mexico City. I didn’t go before due to the cold I had and pure laziness. It’s really hard to psyche yourself up to go to training that is over an hour away, more with traffic, and I don’t get home until after midnight. It sucked because I haven’t done any training since two weeks before I left for home (the beginning of April). I am in no condition and add the altitude. I guess it wasn’t that bad, I took some needed breaks and what not because I knew I needed to take it easy so I don’t put my body in shock.

It’s also a good thing that we train indoors because I don’t have any cleats yet, I am going to have to go buy some tomorrow at the market. I looked at some at the mall but they were all wicked expensive, like between $100-$200 American dollars! I can get some cheap ones at the market for like $30 bucks. My team, the Wallabies, won their first playoff game and the second one is this weekend against a team that we lost to in March. We looked a lot better than I remembered from before I left, so I am optimistic for a win in the Semi-finals. But we’ll see what’s up.

Be cool like me!

No comments: