Sunday, June 11, 2006

Rugby Semi-Final and What Not

I decided to sport a mohawk for the day. When I woke up it was like that and I thought it was cool so I didn't wash my hair and just redid it like it was after my shower. I thought it was cool.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Wallabies had a semi-final game against Tamania. I didn’t get into the game but that was cool, I am in no condition to play at all and I was kinda hoping not to play ‘cause I was tired and sore from practice on Thursday. It was a good game but I do have to rant about the ref. They say that there is only one god ref in Mexico and he doesn’t like to ref that much. They dude we had was terrible… Two examples, When the scrum would get spun, he would blow the whistle and redo the scrum, it is supposed to go to the defending team, and when there was a penalty and the defending team is not 10 meters he would allow them to do a quick tap as many times and they wanted, you cannot do a quick tap if the sir awards another penalty for not being 10 meters off. It really frustrated me. And he played like 6-7 minutes of injury time (way more than what should have been played) and the pinche Tazmanians scored a try with no time left to win… off a second quick tap off a penalty (like explained above). It was shitty. So the season is done and there won’t be very much 7’s this summer due to the World Cup, and they only play one season that starts in February.

One of my teammates Bruno had a party after the game in Mexico City. It was sweet, we went to cosco and bought $300 worth of food and alcohol. They grilled Arranchera and chorizo with bread and tortillas.





It was SUPER good. We ate our asses off. The party was fun as well. There was a bunch of peeps there and a lot of rum, Spanish rum, vodka, mescal, beer, beer bongs, and tunes. There was a stereo that an ipod hooked up to. I played some of my “party tunes” from Karin’s ipod but they don’t really listened to of music here. People were dancing and having a good time with the “spring break” music.

We drank, we danced, we did beer bongs, it was a fun night. I am quite proud that I am not hung over, I stayed away from tequila!



This morning I dragged myself out of bed to go to Fernando’s house to watch the Mexico vs Iran World Cup match. It was cool hangin’ with his boys and watching the game. I fell asleep on his couch for a lot of the second half… I was just really tired. It was cool hearing the whole city bust out the car horns and fore works for every score! Mexico won 3-1!

Now I am home chillin’. I work tomorrow! I got my official e-mail welcoming me to the team. That was cool. But now I will have to be at the school for a couple hours a day while our visitors are here at the end of this week and next week (Pat and Heidi). Oh-well it’l be awight.

See more pics at my photobucket.

No comments: