Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Last weekend in town

Thursday night I finally got another shift of work in, the last one. It was another 3rd 11-7am shift on an assembly line, I didn't get any naps in before and I thought it was going to suck but it went by fast due to keeping busy. There was some sort of employee appreciation set for that night as well so they served us a huge lunch (3am). There was butter soaked sweet potatoes, veggies, bar-b-q chicken, steak, and ice cream and fruit. It was super good too because they hired a caterer to do it. The bad thing… we had to go back to work with a super full stomach and tired, but it was a lot better than the two bologna sandwiches I brought.

Friday - I went to bed after work and slept until about 1pm, I had my last Plasma donation appointment at 2pm. It was super busy, it took me like 2 and a half hours when it usually takes between and hour and 90 min. I was kinda pissed because I had a wedding at 5:30 about 45 min. away, so I had to rush home, attempt to Iron my cloths. Kyle didn’t have a iron and told me to use the dryer, and I told him that I wanted to look good and not like some hippy with nice cloths… I was mad. I planned on him not having an iron and was going to go to Inferno’s house to do it but I was running too late. I ended up using the drier and my shirt was still wrinkly, but oh-well. Inferno got caught up in traffic coming home from work and was late as well. Needless to say we didn’t get there until about 10 to 6, but no big deal because the best man forgot his tux so they started late. The reception was nice and again open bar, for some crazy reason I was all about wine, so I drank that all night. I don’t know what it is but earlier that week I was digin’ some wine too. I suppose I’m becoming a wino.

After the reception we went out to the bars in Grand Haven (that’s where the wedding was), but I didn’t get to enjoy most of that because I was witing outside for inferno and the bride’s sister (weddings make it too easy sometimes) to get there. Their driver got pulled over on the way and got into some trouble so they were waiting for a cab to get them on the side of US 31. They never showed up and I waited outside forever, then we were leaving and told them to meet us at the hotel. There were there when we got there. We got a free ride because my date and another girl were flirting with some dudes at the bar and got them to give us a ride, then we kicked them out after a little bit because they were weird and I didn’t like them. I told the girls to get rid of them or Inferno and I would, and they didn’t want that to happen because the wine gave me a sense of hostility and I had to itch to punch somebody in the face (which is not me).

Saturday we went to breakfast and then headed home. We passed a small flea market and HAD to stop. I found a set of 1989 Topps baseball cards for $12 and bought them. The album and the pages are worth $10 alone. I was geaked, I thought that they would say it was a set but take all the good ones out but they didn’t they were all there, Barry Bonds, Randy Johnson Rookie, Nolan Ryan… and many more.

We were still kinda buzzed and were in the mood to drink so we decided to go to Inferno’s house for beer and movies (he just bought a 51 inch TV and some new couches and we had a lot of beer leftover). We had a couple but then proceeded to fall asleep and we slept all day and all night.

I was supposed to go to a graduation party in Saginaw for my cousin Will but there was no way I was going to make it. I really wanted to go too.

Sunday – We (Heidi and I, more on her later) took off to my parent’s house in Saginaw. I had to get my vehicle back to my pops and I wanted to see then before I took off. We watched the Piston’s game and had dinner and took off. Inferno and another buddy Garrett were getting drunk that afternoon so we went to his house for a last night of drinking in the states.

My train left GR for Chicago at 7:30am and my plane left Chicago at 5pm. I am back in Toluca now and will be chillin’ for a while. I am trying to get in contact with the school I was trying to work with before to see if there are any possibilities and also planning my trip back in July.

We’ll see what’s up.

No comments: