Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Great Wedding Nate and Jackie!

I went to a very fun wedding last weekend. It was my good buddy, former teamate, and former roomate Nate and another friend Jackie. I think it was really fun because the bride and groome share several friends. The ceremony was good (not too long!), then after that we had a sweet pre-reception hotel party with several friends drinkin' and sharing old stories (it seems that the older we get, the better we were).

The reception was great, good food, open bar, and a halfway decent DJ. Usually I tend to totally abuse an open bar policy but this time I was trying to controll myself at least until the end of the reception, which worked out very well. I wanted to make sure I remembered everything! After we partied at the hotel and had to move the party to several different rooms due to niose complaints. It was at a super 8 and there were like 15 rooms that were taken for the wedding parties. The crappy thing though was that the beer store on the way from the reception to the hotel was closed so we couldn't get any more beer and nobody was in any condition to drive to Meijers, so we made due with what we had. I resorted to drinking Captain and Coke that Miles had stashed away for this exact reason, the problem with that was that I ended up mixing it half and half... Oh-well.

As the morning came a bunch of us headed to Denny's for breakfast, it was the BOMB! Too bad my buddy Inferno had to stay in the car due to projectile vomiting in the parking lot as we were walking up, he decided that he wasn't hungry and wanted to sleep. My other buddy Fraggle was left in the hotel room after Miles checked out because he wouldn't get up, he called as we were leaving Denny's asking where Miles was and if somebody was going to pick him up, the maids went to the room thinking that there was nobody there only to find a half naked little hairy guy sprawled on the bed! They told him that it was time to go.

I got some good picks up at photobucket under the Gillespie wedding.

I am hangin' with my friend Heidi at her place in Dundee for a couple days, I was supposed to be working this week (Not in trouble for not working because I just call the day before I want to work and they tell me where to go). Heidi is heading to GR on Wed and we have another Rugby wedding this Saturday in Grand Haven. Should be other great stories after that as well.

I bust out of here on Monday the 22nd, back to Mexico. I'm ready to go back and I miss my sis. I will be flying back in July, more details on that when I buy my ticket... oh-yea, I no longer need my sis to front me the money for tickets because when I opended up a new checking account at Chase they gave me one! I've been trying to get one for some time, so I will just use the money I saved while working and giving plasma here to pay the minimum, and hopefully I can get hooked up with that teaching job when I get back as well. That would be tight.

We'll see what's up.

No comments: