Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I busted the Fridge

Oooops! I busted up the fridge yesterday. I was defrosting the freezer (the ice buildup needs to be removed every so often), and I punctured the wall of it releasing the coolent used. The frame of the freezer is made of aluminium and the coils are built right in. So the slightest knock with my screwdriver and hammer busted a hole in it resulting in a hisssssssing sound.

Here is a pic of the fridge with the built in freezer


This is the freezer with the built in coils


The hole I put in is in the front left corner of the ceiling, the gasses that were comming out (could be freon, could be some other gas used for coolant) is harmless and inflammable. The only bad thing about it is that when the freon reaches the upper atmosphere is reacts with gasss present there and eats away at the o-zone.

Good thing that we have a smaller "beer" fridge in the back room. I had to transfer everything there and throw some things out in the process. But not very much fits in there so we have to hold off on shopping untill we get a new one. It is fixable but it would cost way to much.

We'll see what's up.

No comments: