Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Changed Travel Plans for Labor Day

I got an e-mail from AA (American Airlines, not Alcoholics Anonymous, even though it wouldn’t be a surprise!) about scheduling changes. The changed my original flight to Chicago from Friday September 1st at 9pm to earlier that day at 3pm, but my connecting flight to Detroit was still set for the next morning at 7am. Originally I was supposed to work on Friday morning that’s why I wasn’t to leave until 9pm, so I would have gotten into Chicago after midnight and the next flight to the D wasn’t till 7am which I could handle hanging out for 6 hours, but not the 12 hours it was changed to.

So I called yesterday to bitch a little. I actually liked the change to earlier because I had an excuse of being screwed to get out of work and get home earlier so I didn’t want to bitch about that. I wanted to get my connecting flight to Detroit changed. The were going to put me on a 9:45 flight to the D from Chi-Town and I gave the OK, but then he said that it would cost $150 to change, I was like hellllll no! I ain’t payin’ extra for nutin’. Then I explained to him again that the reason I am changing my flight is because yall changed it first.

Then he hooked me up with an even earlier flight. I am now leaving Mexico City just after 1pm on Friday and going through Dallas, getting into Detroit just after 9pm. Which is way cool because I have an extra night. But it will still only be for the weekend, I leave Monday night.

Originally the plan was to go to an annual camping trip to Brethren, MI to their annual festival called Brethren Days. This would have been our 7th year. We will not be attending this year for a couple reasons. We have drained all the energy out of our hosts (one of our friend’s families) by breaking things and keeping them up all hours of the night, basically we overstayed our welcome, also some of us are getting a little too old to be doing some of the things that we do up there which is basically nonstop drinking from the moment we get up till the moment we pass out.

This year we will still try and get together but possibly renting out a cottage/cabin somewhere on one of Michigan’s great lakes or a camping/canoeing/tubing trip on a river and instead of camping somewhere in the middle of the woods without electricity and water, we will probably opt for those luxuries. I would also like to be somewhere close to where my family will be so I can see them as well.

We’ll see what’s up.

No comments: