Monday, August 07, 2006

Aguas Locas, K-Paz, and Spooperman

I’ve been a little lazy in typing up this weekend’s activities. It was a good weekend and I did a lot of things but nothing was “to write home to mom about.”

Work has been going well, we are down to three teachers now so I have been a little bit busier while I am there. And they have a list of stuff for us to do while we have a service hour or a cancellation, which some of the chizzy is retarded but all I have to do is look busy and I sure can do that, my work history and consist of working really hard for about a month of two, just enough to get the powers that be not to look after you because they think you are doing an exceptional job, then slack off a little and look busy when there is nothing of worth to do. Although I did find a cool new thing that is a legal way of keeping busy, chatting with WSI students all over the world. They have a website where you can log in and chat. It is pretty cool. Today I chatted with a 19 year old girl in Hong Kong, a 33 year old dude in Turkey who plays rugby, and girl named Marta of unknown age in Portugal.

Sergio (co-worker) and I closed up shop and headed to the bowling alley/pool hall in the mall by the ice rink (just wanted to throw that in there) for a drink to wait for a couple peeps (Moni, Omar, and Karinski). We were going to a party at Sergio’s cousin’s pad. A Aguas Locas (crazy water) party! I took the explanation of aguas locas to be jungle juice but it was a little different. It is a big jug of water with a flavor of Tang (rice water, I can’t remember the name) and topped off with several liters of Mescal (cheap nasty ass tequila, and alone it taste like gasoline). Enjoy a pic of the mixing process.




We chilled, listened to some music laughed at some jokes. It was cool but really chill. Just think of a night with a couple buddies over your house where you just chill and catch a buzz for the night. When we busted up we gave a couple peeps rides home all around town. By the time we got back to the crib my bladder was at 110% capacity. I literally had the longest wiz ever in my life. I wish I had timed it because it wasn’t so different from when Austin Powers got un-cryogenically frozen and was going through the waste removal phase of the re-animation process. I was quite impressed!

I chilled all day Saturday until we were to meet at a restaurant for dinner before the K-Paz de la Sierra baile (concert where everybody dances all night). It was a pretty sweet experience but there were too many people, it was wet and rainy, and it was really long. But still way cool.


The ticket booths were the sides of busses with the tellers hanging out the window






View of the stage



Karinski, Monsi, and Me.



Here is a short clip



Then on Sunday I work up bright and early at 1pm. I made some chorizo with eggs and loved it. Karin didn’t so much, I think she just likes the Americanized stuff we get from Maria Elena’s (Mexican Bakery in Carrollton). This stuff has way more punch to it!

I convinced Karin to go and finally see Superman at the IMAX (just under an hour drive to Sante Fe where the theater was). It was way cool, I loved it. Something about John Williams music and Superman saving the day sends shivers down my spine. Plus there were several parts in 3D which were way cool! The only part I didn’t like was the anorexic chick who played Lois Lane. They could have got way hotter chicks and I also thought she was way too young. The dude who played Spooperman was good and the little dude looked a lot like my nephew Austin. My favorite part was at the beginning where superman saved the plane from crashing on a baseball stadium infield. When he stepped out and the crowd went crazy, number one that Superman saved the day, and umber 2 that he is back (he has been gone for something like 5 years or so). The place was packed but we ended up with decent seats even though there was only 8 tickets left when we got ours.

We are supposed to be going to Mexico City on Thursday night to hang with Pat and his brother (who is here on business) but I don’t know what the deal is with all the protesting and what not. I was also asked to go ride some bulls… Actually ride them not just watch! I might be too afraid of my two little guys suffering severe concussions!

We’ll see what’s up.

No comments: