Saturday, April 08, 2006

Thumb Twirling

Absolutely nothing has gone on this week. It has been a drag. I guess one thing happened, my buddy Fernando and his family came over last night to hang out and we looked for a plane ticket to visit me in Michigan when I am home. As we looked, we found a super good price so he bought it, it was under $250 round trip with all the taxes! So he will be there from May 1st until the 9th. I plan to take him to Saginaw to meet my family and also up north to experience Michigan, probably Mackinaw (Bridge and Island) and the Sleeping Bear National Lakeshore, maybe stop in Petoskey on the way.

Other than that I’ve just been bummin’ around doing nothing but watching TV, and surfin’ the internet, modern day thumb twirling. I even managed to talk myself out of doing the one thing I do once a week, go to rugby training last night. It is a long drive to Mexico City and since I sit around all day, that’s all I want to do. I made a lame excuse that Karin had to go to her Spanish class so I didn’t have the car to go (sorry if some of my teammates are reading this).

I’ve just been real blaaaaish the last week or two in waiting to go home. Time has seemed to stop (very different from before where it was flying) as I have been anxious for the 12th. I am very excited to go home for a while. I have a pseudo reunion planed with my classmates on the 14th which there are several people that are going to be in town from all over the state, country, and even the continent… ME! I get to spend time with my wonderful family for Easter. On April 29th I have the 4th Annual GVSU Rugby Old Boy’s game where a lot of guys come back that have played there in the past to play against the current team and then have a big party, basically all us old guys get to time travel back in time and act like we are in college again (not that I have gotten past that stage yet, but there are a couple of us that have real jobs, wives, and families). I get to be a host to somebody that has never been in the sates, let alone the best state of Michigan. And I have two weddings to go to of past rugby buddies. A month and 10 days may seem like a long visit but I am going to keep busy. I also have some friends and family in the Detroit area I want to visit as well.

I will get my tax return back on the 10th but most of it will go to Karin for buying my plane ticket and paying for my trip to the caves, among other things. I plan on selling my plasma (I used to do it on and off for 4 years, it’s completely safe) and getting a temp job through my buddy Inferno who works for a temp agency in Grand Rapids to have money to spend while I am home and hopefully have some left over to bring back.

I haven’t heard anything from the Wall Street Institute in a couple weeks, which I think is incredibly unprofessional, but I think they may just be waiting until I get back to get things rolling, I hope. They told me before that it was no problem that I was leaving for a while and that I didn’t have a FM3 (green card). They keep sending me e-mails telling me that there are no problems and that they want me to come in the next week, and then I reply and ask when a good time to come in is, and no return. That happened twice, just getting a little frustrated. I really don’t have very many options to get some dough. I fell kinda bad free loading all this time…

We’ll see what’s up. Be cool like me!

No comments: