Monday, April 03, 2006

Good Immigration News

I thought I was going to have to get an extension on my tourist visa because my 90 days is up on Wed. But after I looked at my immigration form, they already gave me 180 days! Usually if you travel my air they will give you 90 days, but if you cross the border by land (like we did) they can give you 180 days, but I read that you have to ask for the extension. But apperently they did it automaticly! Now I dont have to find the immigration office and pay whatever they charge.

To bad I didn't find out this information untill after Karin woke me up at 8am to take her to work so I could use her car. Right before we were to leave I mentioned what I read about asking for 180 days, then I looked at my form and it had a 180 up in there. As soon as Karin was like "cool," I had already changed back into my jammies and was laying on the couch for a morning nap.

No comments: