Friday, December 02, 2005

Move In Day

My sister´s boyfriend (Pat) and I moved all her stuff in... well the movers did. We just sat there drinking beer and telling them where all the stuff went. There was a huge truck with about 7 guys showed up about 10:30 and they took all the boxes and stuff in. There were done at about 1pm. I went out and bought a bunch of water and beer, suprisingly they did not drink any of the beer even though I offered.

Right when the movers got there and were setting up, a lady from the office came up and was whipping off questions like I knew what she was saying, I tried to keep up but it was beyond me. We ended up getting a translator on the phone, turns out she was just telling me that we were supposed to tell them ahead of time when the movers were comming and we were supposed to go over some rules and regulations (were are renting in a gated complex and went over several things with the owners of the unit, kind of like a condo, but not the owners of the complex). She was nice and said that there were no problems.

Then Pat and I were supposed to wait around for a bed that my sister bought to be delivered but they never gave us a time. So we waited and waited, unpacked the kitchen (we didn´t really want to because we knew that Karin would just move everything later), sat around untill about 6:30 and said ¨screw it we waited long enough¨ and took off. I wouldn´t have been that bad but there was nothing to do, we were just sitting on a bunch of boxes. So we went back to the hotel where we were staying to wait for Karin when she got home from work.

Well... she just came up to me needing the car keys because her bed is waiting at the new place. OOPS!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

come on dumbass just kidding this is latarte just wanted to say what up