Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving shizzy-shizzerton

Happy Thanksgiving!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It has been cold, really cold, here the past week. I guess a lot has to do with me having to work every morning this week so I have to deal with it, but when you think of Mexico you don’t think of 30 degree weather! Usually I get to sleep through it. At night it gets down to the 30’s but it is still pretty warm during the day due to the sun (60’s-70’s). I’ve been sleeping good as hell, I love it when it is cold, I even still run my fan. The reason is that we are so high in elevation, like 8,790 feet! It’s supposed to be a colder winter than usual and some say that there is a chance for snow! I doubt it.

Outside of having to work on Thanksgiving, it was pretty cool. Yes, I had to work, but I did request that I work in the morning so I can cook dinner. We had 10 guests over for dinner and I must say that the chef was AMAZING….it was me! I love cooking for people. I made a bomb ass turkey and all the basic fixin’s; corn, mashed potatoes (from scratch mind you), stuffing (Karin smuggles a box of stove top from the states), and gravy. We had cheese cake and a huge chocolate cake for desert, along with beers and football.

I was a little cheesed off because Karinski couldn’t make my all time favorite dessert in Strawberry Pretzel Dessert because we can’t find pretzels anywhere. Karin also was having a fit because she couldn’t find any biscuits to make.

It was the first celebration of Thanksgiving for all of our guests and we did our family tradition where everybody says that they are thankful for and what not. For some reason Karin wanted everybody to take self portraits of themselves so you can see all of our guests as well as other pics (Thanksgiving pics). After every body left Karin and I were watching some woody wood pecker cartoons and she was cracking up at the name of the villain of the episode “Dirty McNasty.” It was pretty funny, she has a pic of him at her blog (link on the right).

There is a 7’s tourney in Peubla, a town just south east of Mexico City, tomorrow but I don’t think that we’ll make it. They are meeting way early and I don’t know exactly where or how to get where they are meeting. They are meeting at 7:30 (we would have to leave at like 6am) and at a random McDonalds off a HUGE road. Too much trouble for this guy.

So, I will spend my Friday night cleaning up from yesterday without help because Karin conveniently came home with a migraine!

I leave you with another deep thought by Jack Handy:

“I think a good novel would be where a bunch of men on a ship are looking for a whale. They look and look, but you know what? They never find him. And you know why they never find him? It doesn't say. The book leaves it up to you, the reader, to decide. Then at the very end, there's a page you can lick, and it tastes like Kool-Aid.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keethy Boy - Everybody looks drunk - must've been a good time!!! - Connie