Monday, November 06, 2006

My New Favorite Mexican Dish

I had to work on Saturday so I missed the 7’s tourney, but I went after work to catch the last match. We chilled for a little bit, had some beers, and then went to eat. My buddy Bondi (short for arbondiga, or meatball) ordered my new favorite dish, Tlayuda. It comes from Oaxaca and it is AWESOME! It’s like a big Mexican pizza (like Taco Bell, but infinitely better). There was a large flat hard shell with beans spread over it, then there were sections of different meats (arranchera, chicken, chorizo…) with Oaxaca cheese and avocado. I wanted to take some pictures but Karinski has the camera in the states. But I did find it at Wikipedia. Here is the link: Tlayuda - Wikipedia. Check it out.

I had plans to go to Mexico City after to party but the dudes who I usually party and stay with weren’t there so I just came home (Hey Ofo and Nico, if you are reading, where were you?). I also had plans to go to the Bombonera (Toluca Red Devil’s stadium) for their Sunday match against Cruz Azul but my buddy from work never called me. So I just sat on the couch all day watching football yelling at my fantasy players.

I leave you with a deep thought by Jack Handy:
At first I thought, if I were Superman, a perfect secret identity would be "Clark Kent, Dentist," because you could save money on tooth X-rays. But then I thought, if a patient said, "How's my back tooth?" and you just looked at it with your X-ray vision and said, "Oh it's okay," then the patient would probably say, "Aren't you going to take an X-ray, stupid?" and you'd say, "Aw fuck you, get outta here," and then he probably wouldn't even pay his bill.

We’ll see what’s up.

No comments: