Monday, October 09, 2006

Part Time Job Betting on Sports?

Damn it feels good to be gangsta! A sports betting gangsta! It's only a matter of time before I am straight flossin' in my weekly winnings with my uncanny ability to pick teams to cover the spread.

I am considering the new possibility of pursuing a career in sports betting. I won for the first time this season on the first bet I made of the season ($200 pesos for the 49ers to bea the Raiders by 4). Even though thought last football season I was a little bit in the red (I really mean a little bit, I started with a $10 bet and ended up with nothing after the NFC championship game and decided not to bet on the Super bowl, and that included loosing on a random NBA game between the grizzlies and the hornets).

Just kidding really, but I think I have the chance to at least have some fun in adding a little more excitement to the NFL week (as if 6 fantasy teams aren’t enough) as well as some extra cash… maybe… I already do a lot of research as it is on a weekly basis so I am comfortable with my educated guesses on a weekly basis, also I pick really good match-ups where I think I have a good chance to cover.

I didn’t go out at all this weekend… and no I’m not sick. I had a couple opportunities but passed. Friday I was supposed to go out with some students but I was a little hesitant, although I didn’t have to work early, I had rugby practice at 10am. So I not only had to get up early, I had to run and do all the fun practice stuff as well, not to mention that I haven’t done any physical activity since the 7’s tourney in Acapulco last July. After practice we all chilled and had a couple beers and everybody was talking about the party last weekend and they were making fun of me about how drunk I was. I had a few and even managed to have a beer for the drive home (it is very common here!). Once I got back I rushed to get cleaned up cause Karin and I were going to the sports book to watch the Michigan/Michigan State game and the Tigers. It was cool cause they were on adjacent screens! We had a couple drinks and some food. Oh-Yea, GO TIGERS! It is a great experience watching a resurrected baseball town celebrate success… it ain’t over yet. I just wish I was there to PARTY!

I was supposed to go out dancing with a former receptionist at Wall Street, Nahomi and a bunch of her friends, but after we got home I was really sore, tired, and was developing a small headache. So I called in sick.

And of course, Sunday was NFL day. I did manage, however, to wash Karins car. I had a couple run ins with some mud while she was gone and it was really dirty so I figured I would be a nice brother and wash it. I also managed to pay rent too! Karin is low on cash this week for whatever reason so I gave her $500 pesos for the last 10 months rent. I think that pretty much covers it!

I had the day off today so I spent much of it cleaning, dishes and kitchen, sweep, take the trash out, and what not. I was going to go get some of my favorite tortas al pastor and a haircut but it started pouring (our whole backyard is under about 5 inches of water), so I stayed in improving (or thinking that I’m improving) my fantasy teams and playing games online. I am about to cook some dinner, grandma’s enchiladas with beans and rice. I make them almost just like grandma… but I am missing years of experience and the special touch, they are pretty damn good though.

Peace and bootie grease!

No comments: